Appointment Cancellation and Re-scheduling Policy for Minor Surgery
The fee given in your minor surgery quotation for your procedure at Thames Valley Surgical Services is charged for the administration services, appointment time, procedure, and any sample processing and results as stated, not the procedure alone.
(special rules for COVID apply, see bottom of this page)
If TVSS is running late
The clinic running late due to late arrival of patients or complex surgical cases cannot always be avoided but over 90% of the time we are running on time. We apologise if this happens, but there is no monetary refund for your time. If we run extremely late (>45mins) you can cancel free of charge. Please let the nurse or receptionist know.
If you are running late
To keep fees competitive we run efficient surgical time slots. Running late has an effect on other patients (domino effect: You run late, the whole clinic runs late for many patients after you). We are often unable to carry out your procedure if you arrive more than 15 minutes late. This is then classed as “no show”. We will carry out the procedure if another patient arrives early and can fit in, in this case you may wait for some time even if your are only a few minutes late. We encourage you to take the stress out of your procedure and plan for arrival at least 30 minutes before. Please be aware traffic around this area can be extremely heavy on Fridays.
If we cannot go ahead with surgery
If we cannot go ahead with your surgery (for medical or surgical reasons), we will refund you in full all cost for your surgery. In some instances, particularly where you already had been for a consultation and promised surgery, we will also refund you your consultation. If you come for a consultation only and surgery cannot be carried out by us, we will not refund you, but where possible, signpost you to an alternative service and furnish you with a letter via email within a week of seeing us.
Appointment Confirmation & Payment of Deposit
Patients confirm and secure their appointment time by making a deposit payment of at least 30% of the procedure cost and at least £150. Alternatively we recommend you pay in full. This saves you time in getting any further calls and reminders about payment. It also avoids any cancellation of your appointment and forfeiting of your down payment due to your forgetting to pay the remainder.
Timing of Downpayment
We reserve your appointment for 24 hrs. If payment is not received within 24hrs your appointment is re-released to other patients.
The remaining payment is then due 1 week prior to your procedure. If this payment is not made prior to the 1 week, once again the appointment time can be cancelled and an administration charge of £25 retained. Anyone booking less than 1 week prior to the procedure will be asked to pay in full.
Flexibility in terms of your time
To keep our cost low and due to the nature of a surgical list and the individual medical needs of patients, your appointment times sometimes needs to be changed (sometimes last minute) to an earlier or later time the same day. Please keep +/- 2 hours from the appointment time free.
- Cancellation more than one week prior to procedure: Administration fee of £25.
- 30% charge, at least £150 for cancellations between 3 days and 7 days before the procedure
- 80% charge for cancellations 2 and less days prior to the procedure (i.e. Wednesday for Friday) and 100% for no shows.
Change of appointment request
- Change of appointment is classed as cancellation and re-booking, in so far cancellation charges apply as above.
- One appointment change, 1 or more weeks before the procedure, is free.
- All further appointment changes are charged with a minimum of £25 or as outlined above under cancellation depending on timing.
- Free cancellation & re-booking for patients with suspected COVID, who postpone the procedure. Please text your NHS COVID test appointment confirmation to the office phone 07973 663355 and the test result as soon as available after you attended, so we can confidently re-book you for your next appointment